Generate and read QR code in Python [Fast and easy]
In this article, we will introduce the use of the barcode generator and reader API - Aspose.BarCode for Python via Java. To find out how to generate and read a QR code in Python, we’ll go through the following steps:
- What are QR codes
- How to generate QR code using Python
- How to read QR code in Python
What are QR codes
A QR Code (Quick Response Code) is a two-dimensional bar code. It has become one of the most-used types of two-dimensional code for its fast readability and comparatively large storage capacity. It consists of black squares arranged in a square grid on a white background. The required data is extracted from patterns that are present in both the horizontal and vertical components of the image.
The QR code is detected by a two-dimensional digital image sensor and then digitally analyzed by a programmed processor by locating three characteristic squares in the corners of the QR code image, using the smaller square in the fourth corner to normalize the size, viewing angle of the image, and orientation. The small dots in the QR code are then converted to binary numbers and verified by an algorithm for error correction.
How to generate QR code using Python
Aspose offers a Python Barcode library for recognizing or generating 1D, 2D and Postal barcodes in any Python application.
Aspose.BarCode for Python via Java is a set of barcode generation and reading APIs for Python applications by using the python-java bridge. Python via Java API generates barcode images within various formats such as JPG, PNG, BMP, and GIF. It supports multiple imaging features like manipulating colors and borders, rotating images, and a lot more.
Some of the advanced features of our API:
- Generating multiple types of barcodes
- Managing X and Y Dimensions
- Customizing images size
- Controlling the Appearance of Code Text
- Managing the Barcode Caption
- Setting Code Text for Barcode
- Specifying Symbologies for Barcodes
- Recognizing Specific Barcode Symbology
- Recognizing Multiple Symbologies in a Single Image
- Getting BarCode Recognition Quality in Percent
- Switching Barcode Recognition Modes as of Requirement
Code example for QR code generation:
#Instantiate barcode object
generator = Generation.BarcodeGenerator(Generation.EncodeTypes.QR, "123456789")
#Save it as PNG
How to read QR code in Python
Reading a QR code in Aspose.BarCode for Python via Java is performed according to the following steps:
- Determine (e.g. set the path to a source image) the barcode source (image file, bitmap, or stream)
- Select target barcode types (in our case QR code). DecodeType is set to DecodeType.ALL_SUPPORTED_TYPES by default means that the source’s image will be scanned to search for all supported barcode types; in this case, the time required to finish the barcode detection process will increase. Aspose.BarCode contains the ReadBarCodes method of class BarCodeReader that returns the result of barcode reading in an array of the BarCodeResult type.
Getting recognition results
To load barcode recognition outputs, we need to call the ReadBarCodes method that provides a BarCodeResult array. Also, the current recognition output can be accessed through the getFoundBarCodes. This method enables fetching decoding results or the getFoundCount method which returns the number of detected barcodes.
Barcode recognition source
There are three ways to set the barcode recognition source in Aspose.BarCode for Python: from an image file, stream, or bitmap. Image formats that are supported: JPEG, PNG, TIFF, BMP, or GIF.
Setting up target regions
It is possible to specify target areas for barcode detection by creating one or more rectangle-type objects. Setting target regions allows for improving recognition efficiency and avoiding regions without barcodes. The target areas must be accurately determined because the Aspose library applies heuristic approaches to identify the target areas of barcode detection.
You can try it for free!
We’re with you at every stage of your journey
The Paid Consulting team consists of experts who work together with you on your project, ensuring that our solutions have a strategic impact on your business.
We will work with you to understand your project, design a solution and implement the Aspose API according to your needs, whether you need new features in the existing Aspose product or API for new file formats.
Our team offers an effective combination of customer service expertise and product knowledge to help you achieve your goals. From strategic implementation to always-available support, at Aspose we make sure you always get the best value.
Depending on the size of your project, you can hire one or more dedicated developers for your project. We’ll work with you to implement a solution that delivers - we do the hard work so you can focus on your business.
Because together we’re better.